It’s that time of year. Time to add holiday cheer and charm to our homes. There is so much to choose from out there. So many color schemes, wreaths, and trees. Holiday decor doesn’t have to be confusing. Today I have included some tips to make dressing up your home for the holidays easy and fun. I used a few of my favorites from Target’s seasonal/holiday collections. I chose a glam winter, white color scheme with pastel accents as my home theme.
Here are some tips for easy holiday decor:
1. Feel free to use nontraditional colors. Yes, red, green and white all are colors of the season. But your decor does not have to fall into this category. Especially if they do not fit your home. Feel free to use tones that may not scream holiday but can still be infused with your current decor. I think the 8. Joy Pillow
on the list is a great example of this. It’s not red or green but the joy of the season still reflects with this pillow. I have whites and pastels in my home so this would work for me.
2. Find pieces that match your decor style. You may feel that holiday decor just will not work with your current decor or style. Well fret not! Now there are many lines and collections that are made for the season but can also work in many homes with several decor styles. I think a great example of this is 6. White Washed Tray
. This can work in a rustic setting, industrial setting, glam decor and many more. So get out there and find pieces that can mesh with your style.
3. Find decor that can still be used after the holidays. I am all about saving a buck or two, so this is always a must for me. Decor that can be used during and after the holidays just makes my day. The holiday season only lasts a few months so this this a must. If you cringe at the thought of buying pieces that will only be in your home a month or two then this tip is for you. Finding multi-seasonal use decor is not very hard. Just look for things that you can incorporate in your home but does not scream jingle bells. Great examples off the list are 7. Faux Fur Stool
and 9. Oversized Faux Fur Pillow
. They remind you of a winter wonderland but you do not have to put them in the storage after the holidays. These are great selections that can be used throughout the year.
4. Don’t be a Grinch. Yes, I do still believe in having decor dedicated to the holidays. So do not be afraid to throw in the 1. Christmas Tree Snow Globe
, 3. Christmas Ornament Wreath
or 5. Peace Table Sign
. This type of decor makes you excited about the holidays just by looking at them. Of course, if you are hosting an event, they are a great way of bring the cheer of the season into your home.
5. Do coordinate your Christmas tree decor with your current color scheme. Some may think of using non traditional holiday colors as well…non traditional. But it’s your home and you have to live with your Christmas tree. I think decorating the Christmas tree is the time to have fun and let loose. Make your holiday lively and cheery by choosing ornaments and tree decor colors that make you light up and match your home decor. That’s why I love 2. Shabby Chic Ornament Set
. They scream glam (my fave), but they also scream jingle bells.