‘Tis the season. That’s right, we are in the holiday season where you may find yourself hosting a party or two or more. Any type of gathering can be made merry and less overwhelming when you plan ahead and have the right items. Whether you have three or thirteen guest, this list will help your gathering go off without a hitch.
- Give your event a theme. Whether your event is big and fancy or small and casual, give it a theme. This makes it more fun for the guest. However, the best part is that it makes it easier for the host to decide on decor and the setup for the event. You can go with the holidays for example White Winter Wonderland or Hot Cocoa party. The theme can be whatever you dream up, as long as it fits the event.
- Choose neutral colors, patterns, and themes that can be used for more than one occasion or holiday. This is even more important when you have back to back holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. It will save you money and time to use the items again rather than having to shop for new ones. This can include serveware, stemware, tablecloth, napkins or etc. Pick and choose what you don’t mind using again and what you want to buy.
- Use your table runners. Runners aren’t just for show. They’re great for protecting table surfaces from damage from your centerpieces and arrangements. They can also be used on buffets for the same purpose.
- Avoid tall centerpieces at tables to encourage communication. Those tall centerpieces can make it difficult for guest to participate in conversation. Keeping them below eye level helps to encourage communication instead stead of creating a distraction.
- Lighten up and have fun. At the end of the day, the goal of any gathering is spending time with family and/or friends and enjoying the time together. So don’t stress too much over everything being perfect because spoiler alert: it won’t be.