If you follow me on Instagram, you may know that I have a soft spot in my heart for Boho style decor. That’s right, you’ve learned my little secret. Though my home is modern, glam and covered in bright white. My heart quietly yearns for the wild and free boho look. I loovvveee Boho styled homes.
So what is Boho, you ask? Boho is short for Bohemian. This design style has a collected look and feel. It encompasses different patterns that some may consider bold, that are often borrowed from nature and animals. This look can include natural wood elements and metal, as well as mixed finishes. And for many, Boho may mean vibrant, in your face color. When I think of Boho style, I think of free design with little constraint. Other decorating styles that have that collected feel are eclectic and global.
Common characteristics of Bohemian home decor:
- natural elements
Time to count down the shopping guide:
1. Let’s start with the Justina Blakeney’s Fela Tassel Chandelier. Texture is a definite yes for a boho theme and this chandelier is a great example of just that. This fabric style tassels seem to give a chic but still funky vibe.
2. 2-4. Next, we have the throw pillows. With this theme, you can really use throw pillows to have fun. Using the pillows, you can add patterns, colors, and texture. The colors and patterns used can really help add to your boho style. Also, a great way to bring together the whole room.
5. Now how can we not add another Justina Blakeney piece? I love this totem style stool. It can be used as a little accent table, stool, plant table, there are many possibilities. I love the natural element it brings to a room.
6. A mid-century modern sofa pairs very well with boho design. Maybe it is due to their wooden legs and shape. I selected his turquoise sofa to continue the use of color throughout the room. When decorating boho, consider it the opportunity to have fun and take advantage of color choices.
7. Next is this bronze drum table. The bronze metal will pair well with the different elements in the room. The bronze will go great with the different textures, as well as colors and natural decor.
8. This rug was chosen for two reasons. One is because of the tribal print. The other reason is due to it being made of natural fibers. The patterned, jute rug plays up this theme well.
9. You can not go wrong with these braided hemp poufs. They would do many design styles justice.
10. This tufted, slipper chair is elegant yet fun. The bold, yet soft pink can be a fun pop of color.
Please enjoy this shopping guide to give you ideas for your creative decorating journey. Also remember others can be added, such as plenty of live greenery and tapestries. Don’t feel boxed in to include every Boho trend, just follow what feels right for your home. Most importantly, have fun.